We deliver that commitment through relevant learning, insightful leadership and an engaged membership. Our 129,000 members commit to high professional standards by maintaining continuing professional development and adhering to a published ethical code.
Our Royal Charter requires us to secure and justify the confidence of the public.
Who are the CII’s Members?
As at the end of 2019, the Chartered Insurance Institute had 129,000 members, of whom around 10 per cent are based outside the UK. Over two thirds of these members were enrolled with the following societies, focused on different aspects of insurance and financial planning:
- Personal Finance Society
- Society of Insurance Broking
- Society of Claims Professionals
- Society of Underwriting Professionals
- Society of Mortgage Professionals
How does green finance affect them?
Sustainability affects our members in many different ways, some of which are:
- Giving financial advice based on ESG principles, and engaging with clients to explain how they can invest to achieve social and sustainable goals
- Acting as institutional investors
- Operating responsible underwriting policies
- Ensuring their operations and facilities are run in a sustainable way
What is the CII doing to support its members?
The CII is a founding member of Climate Wise, an organization dedicated to promoting sustainable practices in insurance. We offer our members a range of resources and learning tools in partnership with Climate Wise.
We also offer our Personal Finance Society members good practice guides on key issues around sustainability including Environmental, Social and Governance issues and Social Impact Investing.